COVID FREE POLICY IN RUSSIA
COVID FREE POLICY IN RUSSIA
Please note that the following information is to be used as a guideline only, based on the information currently available. The situation remains fluid, and changes can be introduced at any stage.
- There are still cases of COVID-19 in Russia, however everybody follows the required measures of social distancing. Vaccination process has started – thousands of Russian citizens get vaccinated on a daily basis.
- Russia has resumed commercial flights to and from many destinations globally. When you are in Russia, you need to follow COVID-free policies which we are happy to send you upon request.
Where can I travel to Russia from?
- Citizens of the following countries can fly to Russia: UK (suspended until 1 June), Tanzania, Turkey (Turkey and Tanzania are temporarily suspended (from April 15th to June 1st), Switzerland, Egypt, Maldives and UAE, Abkhazia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Serbia, Uzbekistan, Ethiopia, Cuba, South Ossetia, Germany, India, Armenia
Where can I travel from Russia to?
- Russian borders are open with UK (suspended until 1 June), UAE, Egypt, Maldives, Seychelles, Namibia, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Abkhazia, Armenia(quarantine regime in Armenia has been extended until July 11, 2021.), Serbia, Cuba, Belarus, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, South Ossetia, Ethiopia, Vietnam, India, Belarus, Cyprus, Morocco Mexico, Oman, Croatia, Kenia, Panama, Costa Rica, Peru, Montenegro, Greece (quarantine 7 days, canceled from May 14), Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Zimbabwe, Kyrgyzstan, Sri Lanka, Ecuador,
Thailand (quarantine 14 days, valid from May 1) South Africa and Bulgaria (from May, 1st).
- NOTE: Flights to Turkey and Tanzania, UK are temporarily suspended (from April 15th to June 1st).
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Russia?
- There is no requirement to quarantine when arriving to Russia (with the only exception – when arriving to Russia from the UK, one is required to self-isolate for 14 days).
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Russia?
Anyone travelling to Russia will be required to present:
- Negative PCR test for non-Russian citizens, no older than 72 hours when boarding a plane.
Can I take get tested for COVID-19 in a hotel in Russia?
- Yes, we can provide the mobile laboratory service. The medical team can come to your hotel and carry out the testing. The price starts from 30 euros per person (depending on the number of people).
Do I need to wear a face mask in Russia?
- People are required to wear masks and gloves in public spaces.
Is public transportation operating in Russia?
- Public transport (including underground) is running with social distance measures in place.
- It is compulsory to wear masks and gloves in public transport.
Can I dine in a restaurant in Russia?
- Les restaurants et cafés à travers la Russie sont ouverts et fonctionnent comme d’habitude.
Les visiteurs sont tenus de porter des masques faciaux et des gants lorsqu’ils entrent dans un restaurant. Cependant, ils n’en ont pas besoin une fois assis.
- Tous les membres du personnel portent des masques et des gants. Toutes les surfaces sont désinfectées régulièrement.
Are bars and nightclubs open in Russia?
- Bars and night clubs are now open in Moscow and St Petersburg without any time restrictions.
Are events allowed in Russia?
- All kinds of events and entertainment shows are allowed in nightclubs, bars, discos, karaoke clubs, bowling clubs and karting centers.
- Exhibitions, cultural, educational and promotional events (including museums, expo centers, libraries, lectures and trainings), leisure and entertainment activities are allowed upon 50% occupancy.
- Sport events and competitions are allowed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Russia?
- All the businesses are open: Parks/ Stores/ Malls/ Beauty Salons/ summer terraces /Restaurants / Fitness studios/Cinemas/Theaters.
- Many businesses still work remotely. It is recommended to have 30% of the employees working from home. Primary, secondary schools, universities and colleges are open.
What do hotels in Russia do to provide COVID free environment?
- Hotels staff is obliged to wear masks and gloves all the time while being in the hotel.
- All staff members have contactless temperature checks twice a day and wear protective masks and gloves while in the hotel.
- All spaces and frequent-contact surfaces (elevator buttons, door handles, and staircase banisters) are sanitized regularly several times a day.
- Antiseptic gels are at disposal.
- In most hotels reception desks are equipped with protective Plexiglas screens to minimize contact.
- Most 5* properties provide gloves/masks/antiseptic gels for guests.
- All ventilation systems are frequently checked and sanitized, the air filters are replaced regularly.
- Hotels prepared special set up plans for conferences in accordance with social distancing.
*we can send you more detailed information regarding COVID free policy at hotels depending on the hotel chosen.
Can I visit touristic sites in Russia?
- Museums and exhibitions in Moscow and Saint-Petersburg are open for group and individual visits. Social distancing of 1.5 meters is required.
- Theatres, cinemas, concert halls in Moscow operate upon 50% occupancy. In Saint-Petersburg the maximum occupancy is 25%.
- Special routes are organized for visitors of museums to avoid meeting of several groups at the same place.
- Streams of visitors are guided to different directions at the entrance by the staff.
- Visitors must follow social distance (special lines and stickers for both employees and visitors) and wear masks.
- Staff members wear masks and gloves.
- Antiseptic gels are at disposal.
What if I want to arrange an event in Russia?
- All kinds of private events are allowed. The occupancy of the venue should not be more than 50% of the maximum capacity.
What other safety measures and sanitary initiatives are taken in Russia?
- It is required to wear masks in all public places like metro, pharmacies, supermarkets, etc.
- Special vehicles drive through all the streets of the city every day to spray disinfectant liquid.
- Staff members of shops/supermarkets wear masks and all the spaces are disinfected regularly.
What safety measures do RUSMICE and our suppliers take to provide COVID free environment?
Please kindly refer to the file attached with detailed descriptions of all the measures and initiatives taken.