QUARANTINE RESTRICTIONS EASING / FLIGHTS TO RESUME
RUSMICE team can’t wait to share an update on how Russia and the world are starting to open the borders for travels
NEWS IN RUSSIA
- Sergey Lavrov (Minister of Foreign Affairs in Russia) announced that an offline SCO summit in St Petersburg will be held on 22-23 July;
- A map with the Russian regions lifting the quarantine regime was published;
- Russian airline “Pobeda” is starting to gradually fly domestically starting from June 1;
- Swiss Airlines Announced their plans to resume flights to Russia in June.
NEWS IN THE WORLD
Greece and Israel want to create a safe tourist zone.
The airlines have started to gradually resume flights:
- Qatar Airways announced the start of an increased flight activity to 52 destinations by the end of May and 80 by June 2020, as demand increases and restrictions imposed by various countries in response to the Coronavirus pandemic are lifted;
- CSA Czech Airlines will start flying internationally to Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm and Amsterdam starting from May 18. Flights to Kiev will resume starting from May 24, to Odessa and Bucharest starting from May 25;
- Korean Air will resume its international routes in June. From June 1, Korean Air plans to fly to 19 destinations from Incheon International Airport: to Washington, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Singapore, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur and others;
- Turkish Airlines plans to resume domestic flights in June and gradually return to international flights, the Anatolian Agency reports;
- As for Aeroflot, according to statements made by the Aeroflot spokesman Yuliya Spivakova, released in early May, the Russian company may start resuming international flights around mid-summer;
KLM resumes flights to eight European cities.