Small business event planning tips
For small business owners, creating their first event can seem like a scary ordeal. The gap between thinking up a specific business event and actually seeing it come to fruition can seem daunting, but there are a few ways to make it easier. At RUSMICE, we have over 12 years of experience building impeccable MICE events of all types, which makes us a good reference point for small business event planning tips!
Here are a few event planning tips we believe every small business owner should keep in mind:
- Decide what kind of event you’re looking to create. MICE encompasses Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events of all types, so it’s essential to know the specifics.
- Figure out who your audience is. Are you creating an event for your employees, the general public, or possible customers? Everything else will depend on this!
- Set up a budget. This is absolutely essential and it’ll help guide you through every decision, no matter how big or small.
- Be flexible. A natural part of event planning is that issues will arise, and it’s important to keep on your toes. Don’t let the stress get the best of you!
- Choose a date carefully. See that there aren’t other similar events or major holidays around your date, which could result in low attendance.
- Strategize. What do you want to achieve with this event? What is the best way to do that, without steering away from your time and budget limitations?
- Promote. Use every possible tool, from traditional marketing to paid advertisements on social media. You’re building an amazing event, it should be out there!
- Follow up. After your event is over, follow up with attendees by thanking them and asking for feedback to know what worked and what needed improvement.
If you’re searching for professionals on events planning for small businesses, look no further than RUSMICE. We organize 500 MICE events every year, to happy returning clients. Contact us to find out more!